The mission of sportscotland, the national agency for sport, is to build a world class sporting system for everyone in Scotland.
In our work with partners we aim to put sport at the heart of society, making a positive impact on people and communities.
So who are these people, where are these communities and who are our partners?
The purpose of Playing Our Part is two-fold:
- To bring the sporting system to life through personal experiences
- To measure our progress against outcomes and enablers in 2017-18
If you're inspired to get involved (or more involved) with sport, check out the links at the bottom of this article.
We aim to ensure everyone in Scotland has the opportunity to participate and progress in sport.
#PlayingOurPart2018: Emma Waldie
Emma Waldie, 17, is an international volleyball player, a Young Ambassador, a qualified coach, an aspiring PE teacher and an Active Schools volunteer. Her story shows the range of opportunities available to young people in Scotland who want to participate and progress in sport.
#PlayingOurPart2018: The McCowans
Paralympians Scott and Jamie McCowan have been playing competitive boccia for more than a decade. They are supported by Boccia UK and the sportscotland institute of sport but their parents Gary and Linda are also fully committed to helping them achieve their goals. Discover the story behind this sporting family affair.
#PlayingOurPart2018: Aberdeen rowers
Aberdeen Schools Rowing Association (ASRA) has changed the face of rowing in Aberdeen, thanks to the Direct Club Investment (DCI) National Lottery fund. Discover the story of how the employment of a good coach can make a big difference to participation rates.
Find out more
Playing Our Part: summary of progress is sportscotland's annual report 2017-18.
- Visit the Playing Our Part home page to explore the data that illustrates our progress in the period April 2017 to March 2018
- This report covers the third year of the 2015-19 corporate plan: Raising The Bar. It allows us to assess what progress we have made towards achieving our impact measures.
- You can find also Playing Our Part alongside previous annual reports on the sportscotland website.
Are you inspired?
If you have been inspired by #PlayingOurPart and would like to get involved or become more involved in sport, head to the home page of the sportscotland website or one of the following sections:
Want to talk about it?
We'd love to hear your feedback on #PlayingOurPart2018 in the comments section below, or you can contact the communications team at sportscotland.